How You Can Get Involved With Conococheague Audubon
Participate in Upcoming Activities. All are free! We welcome everyone.
Please call the listed field trip leader in advance.
· January 19, 2017, Thursday. FILM 7:30 PM. Big Sur: Wild California. Learn how condors, sea otters and mountain lions all contribute to this seaside ecosystem. (50 min.)
· January/February TBD FIELD TRIP. If interested in visiting Gettysburg Battlefield for SHORT-EARED OWLS, sign up by Dec. 15, 2016 (name, contact information). Bob Kochert, 263-3692, will advise upon report of sightings. Meet at Norlo Park Community Center.
· February 13, Monday. MEETING. 7:00 PM. Birding in the West, by Bob and Terri Kochert.
· February 23, Thursday 7:00 PM. BOARD MEETING. Norlo Park Community Center.
· March 7, Tuesday. FIELD TRIP. 6:00 PM. Tentative outing for WOODCOCKS. If at Heisey Road orchard, meet at Chambersburg Mall, 3055 Black Gap Rd., Chambersburg (north side near Bon Ton wall). Bring CBs and flashlights. For update, Bob Kochert, 263-3692.
· March 11, Saturday. FIELD TRIP. 6:30 AM. Middle Creek WMA, Lancaster County auto tour for WATERFOWL. Meet in parking lot at Scotland exit, I-81 northbound. Bring scopes, binoculars, CBs, and lunch. Eric and Rhetta Martin, 597-8675.
· March 13, Monday. MEETING. 7:00 PM. Mosquito-borne Illness Control in Pennsylvania, by Master Gardener Donna K. Scherer. Arranged by Janet Tice.
Review our Plan and volunteer.
Volunteer Effort, Expertise, and Time
· Help care for the Native Plants Garden at Norlo Park near Fayetteville. Contact Josh Donaldson to learn more (717-264-6920).
· Serve on the Board of Directors. Contact Valerie Barnes (717-352-4397).
· Serve as Treasurer. Contact Valerie Barnes (717-352-4397).