P.O. Box 20, Fayetteville, PA 17222
and By Laws
Participate in Upcoming Activities. All are free! We welcome everyone.
Please call the listed field trip leader in advance.
· September 6, 2016, Tuesday CLASS from Master Gardeners. 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. MONARCHS & MILKWEED at the Ag Heritage Building, 185 Franklin Farm Lane, Chambersburg. Those interested should call 263-9226 to register. Attendees should bring their lunch and beverage. More at http://extension.psu.edu/plants/master-gardener/counties/franklin/news/2016/monarch-mania-is-spreading
. September 12, 2016, Monday MEETING. 7:00 PM. Birds of Honduras and Their Shade-Grown Coffee Habitat, by Laura Jackson.
· September 17, Saturday FIELD TRIP. 7:30 AM for FALL MIGRANTS. Meet in parking lot of Scotland Exit 20, I-81 northbound. Moderate walk of less than .5 mile in wet grass at Heisey Orchard, then bird by car in Michaux SF from Stillhouse Hollow to Fayetteville. Bring binoculars and snacks. Should end by noon. Contact Bill Oyler, email@example.com or 717-360-5191.
· September 24, Saturday FIELD TRIP. 7:30 AM. Conococheague Institute near Welsh Run for LATE MIGRATING and RESIDENT BIRDS. Leave from Sunnyway Foods parking lot, 49 Warm Spring Road, Chambersburg. Bring binoculars, CBs, and snack. Contact Shirley Fenstermacher, 264-8344.
· October 1, Saturday FIELD TRIP. 7:30 AM. End of FALL MIGRATION along Big Spring in Cumberland County. Meet at parking lot about 300 yards north of old fish hatchery near 844 Big Spring Rd., Newville. Plan on a 3-mile walk. Bring water and snack. No restrooms. Contact Linda and Bill Franz, 776-4463.
· October 10, Monday MEETING. 7:00 PM. Exploring eBird: finding birds, keeping lists, alerts, hot spots and more! by Valerie Barnes.
Volunteer Effort, Expertise, and Time
· Help care for the Native Plants Garden at Norlo Park near Fayetteville. Contact Josh Donaldson to learn more (717-264-6920).
· Coordinate the fall Hawk Watch at the Pulpit off Route 30 near the border between Franklin and Fulton Counties. Contact Valerie Barnes (717-352-4397).
· Conservation Chair. Stay abreast of issues, report to the group, and speak up. Contact Valerie Barnes (717-352-4397).