Serving our Valley Since 1961
** About Us **
** CAS Scholarships **
Projects and Activities
Officers, Directors Committees
ABA Birding Ethics
Field Trip Guidelines
Conococheague Audubon Constitution
and By Laws
Injured Birds Help
How You Can Get Involved With Conococheague Audubon
Participate in Upcoming Activities. All are free! We welcome everyone.
Please call the listed field trip leader in advance.
· October 20, Thursday FIELD TRIP. 6:30 AM. National Aviary, Pittsburgh. Car pool from Burger King, 2194 Lincoln Way West, Chambersburg. (Eat before leaving.) Bring lunch. Flight 93 Memorial and dinner on return trip. Cost, $14 entrance fee plus turnpike tolls. Provide cell phone number in advance for communicating en route. Contact Bob Kochert, 263-3692.
· November 14, Monday MEETING. 7:00 PM. Opossum Lake Revival: a local dam restored, by Mary Franco, president, Friends of Opossum Lake.
· November 17, Thursday FILM. 7:30 PM. American Serengeti. See first-hand results of a massive project to restore the wildlife of America’s Great Plains. (50 min.) Pre-film musical entertainment starts at 7:00 PM.
· December 3, Saturday FIELD TRIP. 6:00 AM. Blackwater NWR, Maryland, auto tour for WATERFOWL. Leave from Martins’ home, return by nightfall. Bring scopes, binoculars, CBs, and lunch. Contact Eric and Rhetta Martin, 597-8675.
· December 8, Thursday BOARD MEETING. 7:00 PM, Norlo Park Community Center.
· December 12, Monday MEETING. 7:00 PM. Ruffed Grouse on the Michaux: The state of our state bird, by Roy Brubaker, Michaux District Forester.
· December 17, Saturday CHRISTMAS BIRD COUNT. All day, Chambersburg area. Dinner and tally at 6 PM Monday, Dec. 19, in Fleck Center, Luther Ridge, 2998 Luther Drive, Chambersburg, PA. Contact Valerie Barnes, 352-4397 to count birds. Pay $12/each for tally dinner; make check payable to SpiriTrust Lutheran; mail to Martha Buckey, 1206 Arbor Ridge, Chambersburg, PA 17201; check must be received by December 5, 2016.
Volunteer Effort, Expertise, and Time
· Help care for the Native Plants Garden at Norlo Park near Fayetteville. Contact Josh Donaldson to learn more (717-264-6920).
· Participate in the fall Hawk Watch at the Pulpit off Route 30 near the border between Franklin and Fulton Counties. Contact Valerie Barnes (717-352-4397).
· Conservation Chair. Stay abreast of issues, report to the group, and speak up. Contact Valerie Barnes (717-352-4397).